Applications to the Graduate Program in American Studies are accepted on a rolling basis, with review to begin on October 1st each year. The MA Program and the Graduate Certificate accept applications and allow students to enroll each semester. In order to be considered for admissions, all application materials and required test reports must be submitted by the final application deadlines.
To be considered for admission into the MA Program in American Studies or the Graduate Certificate in American Studies, applicants must submit the following information to the Office of Graduate Admissions at Kennesaw State University.
- A completed application form and $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all previous intuitions in which the student has attended. Transcripts should be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- An official GRE score report. Scores should be sent electronically to KSU using Code 5359.
- A letter of application that describes your education and/or professional background, your future goals, and how admission into the MA Program/Graduate Certificate will help you accomplish those goals. The letter should be specific to the American Studies Program at Kennesaw State University and should be 3-5 double-spaced pages.
- A writing sample consistent with program content and student goals. The sample should be relevant to the field of American Studies broadly defined and should be refined and revised to fit within 5-7 double-spaced pages.
- An optional resume or CV.
- Up to two letters of recommendation concerning your academic and/or professional preparation for the MA Program or Graduate Certificate in American Studies.
International students should visit Graduate International Admissions for additional requirements.
Minimum Admission Requirements
Students who do not meet the following requirements will not be considered for admission into the Graduate Program in American Studies.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university a minimum 2.75 Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Receipt of official GRE Scores reported electronically from ETS. There are no minimum scores required for admission into the American Studies Program. We waive the GRE requirement for applications who have earned a Master’s or PhD from an accredited institution with at least a 3.0 GPA.
- A writing sample that reveals that the applicant is capable of completing graduate-level courses successfully.
We do not admit students with provisional standing, nor do offer students a non-degree-seeking status.
Accepted students have up to one year to begin their coursework in the program.